Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy New Year

It's been a while since my last posting. I was away for a few weeks for various family events, but I'm back.
You may know or have noticed that today is the Jewish New Year. You don't have to be Jewish to take advantage of this autumnal time of renewal and a fresh start, a time to take stock and renew goals and resolutions. I've always mentally operated on a school calendar, even since I've been out in the real world. I love buying new "school supplies" even when I'm not in school -- pens, pencils, notebooks, etc. I love the smell of them, the feel, the promise of new beginnings and fulfilled ambitions, as well as a time to learn something new. I may or may not take a writing course this fall, but either way, I'm going to organize my time around a new semester, setting aside time for writing, time for walking, time for reading, and time for just musing. For me, it's important to allow myself time to just sit or walk and see what comes to mind, what ideas I come up with.
I end this posting with some good news. One of my short stories will be included in a forthcoming anthology of pieces by Washington, DC area women. I'll keep you posted.
Enjoy the fall and keep writing.

No comments: